Note: families must have completed all steps in the registration process and be actively enrolled at Austin ISD in order to receive a Chromebook or iPad.
iPad pickup for grades Pre-K through second
Families can pick up their Austin ISD iPad at Odom Elementary School, 1010 Turtle Creek Blvd. Please contact the school for times and dates.
You must bring the student's school ID number or the QR code you can print by logging in to portal.austinisd.org.
For more information: bit.ly/aisdipads.
How to request Chromebooks, iPads and Wifi Hotstpots
Use Paper Forms
Families can request technology using paper forms in person at the Computer Curbside sites. For families who speak languages other than English, staff will also be able to use a cell phone to communicate using the Language Line interpreter service.
Use a Form in the Parent Cloud
If families do have Internet access and are able to access the Parent Cloud (using a phone, for example), you can now begin requesting technology needs using a new form in the Parent Cloud. After logging in to my.austinisd.org, search for “Technology Distribution” and the link for the form should appear. My.austinisd.org also has a link and instructions in both English and Spanish for creating a Parent Cloud account. You can also call your school for help with this. You can also use this link in the Parent Cloud to view your past request and change your request, as needed.
Call us at (512) 414-2388
Reilly can help you request devices.
Where you can pick up your Chromebooks, Wifi Hotspots
Wifi Hotspots: WiFi hotspots will be distributed separately from Chromebooks and iPads. Key things to know:
- We are trying to ensure that families with multiple students receive hotspots that have higher bandwidth, although those supplies are limited.
- Each family will only receive one hotspot, regardless of the numbers of students in the family.
- Please go to the school at which your student is enrolled.
- You will need to provide your name, student ID number, and current address, so that the correct device is provided.
What do I do if I have issues with my technology?
For technical support, you can:
- Visit austinisd.org/technology/help for several online options.
- Call the Family Support line at 512-414-9187.
If the Chromebook or iPad is broken and in need of repair, please take it to one of the Austin ISD Computer Curbside locations. Locations are updated regularly, and locations may close suddenly based on local health conditions, so please check bit.ly/aisdcomputercurbside before you go. Wait times are posted at bit.ly/aisdcomputerwait.